Four Foundations of Faith
- God is Good
- The cornerstone of all theology is the goodness of God. He is better than we think, therefore we must change the way we think! When the world sees the goodness of God on display through His church — His favour, His blessings, His healing — then people will take notice (Psalm 34:8, Nahum 1:7). We really do not learn how good God is merely because believers say so, but rather when His goodness is seen or demonstrated. The Gospel would not be Good News, except that God is good. We would not be forgiven, redeemed, justified, healed, blessed or anything, except that God is good. All of these gifts are only good, because the One who gives them is good (James 1:17). We live under a New and Everlasting Covenant based on God’s promise that He will never stop doing good to us (Jeremiah 32:40).
- Nothing is Impossible
- Through faith we enter into realms that were formerly defined as impossible (Luke 1:37 (NKJV), Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27). As believers we are assigned to invade what has previously been thought of as impossible; Mark 9:23 Everything is possible to him who believes. The Kingdom has a tangible impact on every aspect of our lives as we steward and sustain the flow of God's supernatural power (Romans 8:37, Philippians 4:13).
- Everything was won at Calvary
- Yeshua's death on the Cross at Calvary was the ultimate victory (Ephesians 1:7, Romans 5:8, Mark 10:45, 1 Peter 2:24 (NLT). Jesus paid it all. We are not fighting for victory but from the victory of Messiah. Yeshua has won the battle already on our behalf. As believers we now have authority on Earth(Colossians 2:14-15) and we have been raised and seated with Yeshua our Messiah (Ephesians 2:6). We walk in the completed work of the Cross because we are grounded in an It is Finished theology.
- Everyone is Significant
- The Father has decided you and I were worth the life of His Son! (John 3:16, Genesis 1:26, Jeremiah 29:11) That fact means I am significant (you are/we are significant) which releases us into all humility, knowing that The LORD will accomplish what concerns me (Psalm 138:8 NASB). That, and knowing that the future set before us is impossible without God's favour, strength and guidance. Dependency on Him is the result of finding our personal significance. We are co-heirs with Him (Romans 8:17).
- Face to Face with God - Bill Johnson (page 194ff)
- The Way of Life: Experiencing the Culture of Heaven on Earth - Bill Johnson (Chapter 4)