Battle for Our Mind
- We are in a Spiritual Battle: a battle between Truth and Lies.
- That battle takes place primarily in our minds.
It should come as no surprise that we live in 2 realms at the same time. We’re permanently living in both the natural realm and in the spirit realm. Living in the interplay of both realms. There really is nowhere you can go on the planet where you’re free from the influence of the spiritual realm.
What often happens to us is that we’re so used to the atmosphere of the fallen world — that we accept as normal those things that God would not call normal from His perspective. We are not to accept the standards and the ways of the kingdom of darkness and of the fallenness of this world as our norms.
Jesus never accepted such things as the norm — He brought change and transformation, and that’s our mandate too.
What God is teaching us to do is:
- To re-assert our authority and dominion as children of God.
- To bring about change around us.
This is how Jesus lived.
- He had authority over the enemy,
- He had authority over sickness,
- He had authority over death and
- He had authority over poverty.
So He multiplied food, He healed the sick, He drove out demons and He raised the dead. He walked as God’s vice-regent on the planet with all His authority in the spirit realm. And amazingly, that very authority has been restored to His church and to the people of God.
Our new nature is designed so we can live in both the natural realm and in the spirit realm at the same time with confidence and with peace, knowing who we are in God, knowing our position in Christ and knowing the authority we’ve been given.