Barak - בָּרַךְ
330 occurrences, phonetic, ba-rach: to bless, kneel, bow giving reverence to God as an act of adoration. Being continually conscious of giving regard to God, being attuned to Him and His presence;
Shachah - שָׁחָה
172 occurrences, phonetic, sha-kha: to bow down/prostrate in homage or loyalty to God, to fall down face to the ground;
- Psalm 5:7 But I enter Your house by the abundance of Your faithful love; I bow down toward Your holy temple in reverential awe of You.
- Psalm 86:9 All the nations You have made will come and bow down before You, Lord, and will honour Your name.
- Psalm 95:6 Come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
Halal - בָּרַךְ
165 occurrences, phonetic, ha-lal: to shine, praise, make a show or rave about, to glory in or boast upon, to be clamorously foolish about your adoration of God (as in Hallelujah);
Yadah - יָדָה
114 occurrences, phonetic, ya-da: to throw or cast away, to revere or worship with extended hands, praise thankful, thanksgiving;
- Psalm 7:17 - I will thank the LORD for his righteousness; I will sing about the name of the LORD Most High.
- Psalm 100:4 - Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and bless His name.
- Psalm 107:8 - Let them give thanks to the LORD for His lovingkindness,
And for His wonders to the sons of men!
Shuwr - שִׁיר
87 occurrences, phonetic, shu-er: to sing, a group of strolling singers;
Tehillah - תְּהִלָּה
57 occurrences, phonetic, teh-hil-la: song of praise, to sing a new song, a hymn of spontaneous praise glorifying God from an overflowing of the heart;
Ranan - רָנַן
52 occurrences, phonetic, ra-nan: to overcome, to give a ringing cry, emit a harsh, shrill or grating sound, to shout aloud for joy!
- Psalm 5:11 - But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them shout for joy forever. May You shelter them, and may those who love Your name boast about You.
- Psalm 71:23 - My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You because You have redeemed me.
- Psalm 98:4 - Shout to the LORD, all the earth; be jubilant, shout for joy, and sing.
Zamar - זָמַר
45 occurrences; phonetic, za-mar: to make music by playing a stringed instrument, and also singing in celebration and praising God;
Guwl - גִּיל
44 occurrences, phonetic, gho-ol: to rejoice, tremble, spin round, under the influence of violent emotion;
Todah - תּוֹדָה
32 occurrences, phonetic, to-da: an extension of the hand, adoration, a choir of worshipers, confession, sacrifice of praise, thanksgiving;
- Psalm 69:30 -I will praise the name of God with song And magnify Him with thanksgiving.
- Psalm 95:2 - Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with [fn]psalms.
- Psalm 100:4 - Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name.